Sunday, March 31, 2013

Resurrection Sunday


Staring at a starry night sky...
having just finished watching the conclusion of the Bible...on the History Channel...
I will say that it was very well done. Artistic license was used, but did not, in my opinion, compromise any of the Story.
I felt I was there, in the Room...with the Disciples and the Early Christians...I knew the story. I have known this story for almost all of my life.
I knew what would happen next.
But it was made so fresh and real...as my imagination and my own (though still limited) understanding of the Scriptures and what was going on filled in the gaps.
So real, that I FELT the zeal those early Christians had for telling the world, nay, even screaming, "HE IS REAL!!! HE LIVES!! Oh, hear me, you people hearing and seeing His-Story for the first time- this ISN'T just a History Channel special, IT'S REAL!! He LIVES! Even THIS day, He is here, and you can KNOW HIM and the Power of His Resurrection!!"

What would happen, O fellow believers, if we grew as bold as they?
The Holy Spirit is just as HERE, NOW, as He was the Day He CAME, Is He not?
Equipped by His Power in us, who knows but that He would move so greatly in even us, that the world would watch in wonder and long to know our joy!! The deep and abiding joy we have in CHRIST JESUS!!

 We must awaken, listen - hear His voice, break from the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life! Break from the world- not to look like it, or talk like it, or smell of it!
Our citizenship is in Heaven, we must set our hearts on that country, and seek after the treasure of Heaven, mining the precious jewels- those Souls that are His that have not yet heard, not yet come!
Redeem the time! We know not when He will come again - we must work while we wait!
And who can know what He will do with hearts that are seeking, listening, and prepared to do His Will, for His Glory?

No comments: