Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hello Blogging Friends!!!

   It's so nice to be back! I've missed this blog!
Well, I fully intended to catch you all up on what my last year was like, but it will take more than one post of an inestimable length to do so fully.
Therefore, here are some of the highlights -

   1. I graduated in May!! :) It was a home school graduation ceremony, and about 30 other students graduated with me.


2. My family started two businesses in April - and we have been working and praying and building them ever since. It is our hope that they may become something that can be passed down to future generations, and that very soon they
will enable us to be more free in time and resources to be about God's purposes for us as a family. We don't know exactly what they will be, but it is our prayer to be used of Him in whatever, wherever, to further His Kingdom and the Gospel for His Glory.

Those things made our year quite busy, but in a good way. We also met some new friends - Dad has partnered with a friend of 20 years who lives a couple states away, for one of the businesses - having to do with wireless technology. He and his wife were good friends with my parents "way back when", and my brothers and I got to meet them and their two daughters last summer on a wonderful trip to the Creation Museum in Kentucky.

Also, since last spring I have been doing a cake business on the side, as I mentioned in my last post, and that has kept me fairly busy, along with tutoring my brothers in school, and helping around the house so that my mom can work in our office - she is the main secretary, and I am the substitute. :)

1 comment:

*Lizzie* said...

Oh it is so good to hear from you! Congrats on graduating ;) And your family's businesses you are working on! :D