Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snowed In!!!!!

Many people might consider this an unfortunate circumstance, to be stuck at home for several days, but just now I can hardly think of any other place I would rather have spent this week. I love to be snowed (or in this case, iced and snowed) in at home!
    A fire is always burning cheerily in our fireplace; the good, seasoned firewood warming the house....
Quite toasty here, actually- I could wear summer clothes right now in our living room, though it's been as cold as 15 degrees for a high outside.

   And now, last night it snowed - a big, fluffy snow, about 5 inches! We were so excited when we looked outside this morning, and Isaiah and I have already been snowboarding once this morning. I took my camera out, and couldn't stop taking pictures- it was so gorgeous, with the snow on top of the already ice-covered trees. Ice cicles hanging from everything, blanketed now with snow- a photographer could hardly ask for a better winter scene. And when you live in the country, close to a creek  . . . it was breathtaking. Let me show you- though the pictures cannot really do it justice.
our field

our creek <3


sun on the ice- two days ago - the world looked like it was made of diamonds!
                                   Thank You, Lord for all this beauty! 
"He gives snow like wool;
He scatters the frost like ashes.
He casts forth His ice as fragments;
Who can stand before His cold?
...Praise the LORD!" - Ps. 147:16-17, 20        

6 comments:

*Lizzie* said...

Pretty pictures! love them!

Mazzou said...

I know what you mean- being snowed/iced in is fun! Those are beautiful photos! The world of diamonds was amazing, we too tried to catch it on camera!
Hope to see you soon!

Beth said...

Thank you, Marjolaine! Yes-hopefully I will see you this Thursday!

*Lizzie* said...

Happy Valentine's Day BethJoy!
God Bless!

A Joyful Chaos said...

I also love snow. Though I love spring somehow winter never stays long enough for me.

Blessings~

Mazzou said...

I just awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Visit my blog for all the info!http://mazzoumemories.blogspot.com/2011/02/so.html