Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm Back . . . ; )

Yes, I know - it's about time I posted something again. Sorry - I have had not too few but too many things happening in my life - spiritually and otherwise, to have had time to post before now. So here you go - I have not fallen off the face of the earth. ; )
I have come to a whole new understanding of the purpose of my life, of the purpose of our family, and the purpose of the church (as a whole). This book we've read, Radical, has only been a very starting point - the Lord has been waking us up from the slumber of our comfortable American way of life to His calling, His purposes for our lives. We have begun to see the world no longer from the context of our place on the map, and about a 50-mile radius around us, but in God's context - the whole world. We have awakened to the fact that we have brothers and sisters in Christ ALL around the WORLD who are suffering. Starving. Being persecuted for the gospel of Jesus Christ. And the heavy realization of the vast millions who have never even heard the gospel, or the name of Jesus.
We have always known this in our heads, but the Lord has begun to reveal it to our hearts now.

Please watch this video - it is one we have shown at church, and it will give you some idea of what I mean:

Priorities - Video 'Tears of the Saints' The Lausanne Global Conversation

No comments: